The Brown County Commissioners took steps to guard the county because the wind power matter heats up.
Clif Heiniger offered the commissioners with a letter signed by 143 residents who had been involved about wind generators being current within the county. Heiniger advised commissioners many of the signees had been rural resident and cited the whole lot from visible, noise, digital interference to causes they did not need the generators. He additionally famous that property values would endure with massive wind generators within the space.
A member of the Brown County Glade Watch – because the group of involved residents has named themselves – Heiniger advised the fee that the group was involved with the development of the Pony Categorical Wind Challenge, which consists of 320 generators that can primarily be situated in Nemaha County but in addition embody an space of Brown County close to Fairview.
Heiniger stated the group was asking the commissioners to stop the wind power venture from crossing county traces.
“You must get management of this,” Heiniger advised commissioners.
Commissioner Invoice Pollock made a movement to enact a moratorium to ban the development of Business Wind Power Conversion Methods consisting of the turbine equipment and any buildings, roads, interconnect services, measurement units, transmission traces, help constructions and different associated enhancements crucial for the
era of electrical energy from wind till a Complete Plan is developed to find out easy methods to greatest defend the county and its residents from the adverse impact of such tasks.
Pollock’s movement died for lack of second, however the commissioners continued to debate the alternate options that they had, asking County Lawyer Kevin Hill for recommendation.
Hill mentioned the protecting measures a moratorium might present, however stated they wanted to offer a time interval. The plan to place a moratorium in place would primarily stop any new development of the wind generators to happen within the county whereas the commissioners had been engaged on a complete plan for zoning.
Commissioner Richard Lehmkuhl stated this does not imply there might be in-depth zoning within the county, or that they may say no utterly to wind power. It simply provides the county a timeframe to work with authorized counsel to develop zoning laws that may cope with the generators.
Following extra dialogue, Commissioner Lehmkuhl made a movement to proceed with the moratorium course of with reference to Wind Power in Brown County. The movement was seconded by Commissioner Pollock and accredited 3-0.
* Strong Waste Director, George Bruning, requested the landfill proceed to be closed on Memorial Day as in years previous. The fee sees no concern with this.
* Brown County Appraiser, Steve Markham, mentioned the Summary of Appraised and Assessed Values with the fee.
* Neighborhood Corrections Director and Assistant Director, Vicki Hubin and Chris Denner, mentioned the FY2023 funding for workers salaries. Movement by Richard Lehmkuhl to permit Hubin and Denner to allocate the funding from April by means of June. Seconded by William Pollock. Movement carried.
* The Could 4, 2022 payroll was accredited as follows: Movement by William Pollock. Seconded by Richard Lehmkuhl. Movement carried.Common $81,414.78, Street & Bridge 20,333.50, Know-how 325.50, Appraiser 7,020.00, Noxious Weed 2,265.36, ACC 6,954.34, JJA Core 4,843.15, Reinvestment Grant 1,570.78, Providers for Aged 2,965.00, Strong Waste 6,239.98, Particular MVT 1,480.00, Worker Ben FICA 8,709.06, Worker Ben KPERS 9,872.69, State Unemploy/Work Comp -123.47, Insurance coverage -3,592.45 TOTAL $150,278.22.
* The Could 9, 2022, mid-month claims had been accredited as follows: Movement by Richard Lehmkuhl to approve accounts payable. Seconded by William Pollock. Movement carried.
001 Common $21,399.58, 103 Street & Bridge 2,493.58, 125 Worker Profit 99.90, 135 Capital Enchancment 12,457.25, 143 Appraiser 619.15, 147 Noxious Weed 45.06, 155 Diversion 187.49, 160 911 SB50 108.08, 165 ACC 13,466.25, 167 JJA CORE 25,713.34, 201 Providers for Aged 203.92, 211 Strong Waste 120.29 TOTAL: $76,913.89
* Commissioner Lehmkuhl, requested a 4 minute government session. Movement by Richard Lehmkuhl for a 4 minute Government Session on non-elected personnel with the three commissioners, Kevin Hill, County Lawyer, and Daybreak Boyles, Brown County Clerk, current to debate personnel issues of non-elected personnel with government session crucial to guard privateness pursuits. Seconded by William Pollock. Closed 8:27 a.m. Opened 8:31 a.m. No binding motion was taken.
* The fee mentioned the request by the NEKLS to nominate a consultant from Brown County. Brown County Clerk, Daybreak Boyles, will contact the native library for his or her enter.
* Brown County Clerk, Daybreak Boyles, offered a letter from the Kansas Silver Haired Legislature Finance Committee requesting funds. The fee wish to analysis the committee earlier than committing any funds.
* Movement by Richard Lehmkuhl to approve the amended Wage and Wage construction. Seconded by William Pollock. Movement carried.